GB WhatsApp is one of the greatest apps I have ever used in terms of features and its incredible UI. Everything is customizable to its maximum extent, even a new user can use and modify it very easily. Its developers developed it in a way that makes it highly user-friendly and fantastic.
But, the main question that arises in every user’s mind is whether they should download and install GB WA as a first choice or not.
Here is the solution, After reading this article, you will be able to decide it yourself. WhatsApp GB settings, features, installation process, tips and tricks, requirements, etc., everything is covered in this descriptive guide.
So, read this guide completely.
What is GB WhatsApp
It is the modified version of WhatsApp (a communication app) and is totally free. It was developed by many third-party MOD developers, GBWA owner used the source code of the original WhatsApp to add many premium features, features that the original WhatsApp Messenger lacked.
Its latest version 2024 is secure, safe, and anti-ban with many customizable features. There are many settings for user’s privacy including, Hiding Blue tick, built-in chat lock, freeze last seen, etc.
GB Apk File Details
|4.4 ( 420,805 reviews )
GBWhatsApp vs WhatsApp messenger
|Custom App Name
|Different Font Styles
|Hide Online Status
|Hide Double Blue Ticks
|Hide specific conversations
|Removed Forwarded Messages Tag
|Built-in Chat & App Lock
|Show blue tick after reply
|More than 3
|Media File Limit
|Video Status Limit
|Maximum Group Capacity
|Accounts on a single device
|More than 1
Method to Switch from WA to GBWA
It is very easy to transfer your data from the original WhatsApp to GB without losing any chat. To do so, there are only seven steps to follow:
- Backup WhatsApp messenger data by going to Settings > chats > chat backup. Turn ON “include media”. Don’t back up to Google Drive (Google account: None selected). Click Backup
- Uninstall WhatsApp Messenger without clearing data.
- Go to File Manager > internal storage > ⋮ > create a new folder and name it “GBWhatsApp”. (If a folder named ‘GBWhatsApp’ is already present, delete it first, and create a new folder by yourself).
- Now again, Go to File Manager > Internal storage > Android > media > com.WhatsApp folder >> “WhatsApp”. Copy only the “Media” and “Database” folders and paste them into the newly created ‘GBWhatsApp folder’.
(In case the ‘WhatsApp’ folder is not found in Android > com.WhatsApp, Then, go back to internal storage and scroll down, the WhatsApp folder will be present there)
- Now, Download and install GBWhatsApp from here.
- Open GBWA > Agree and continue (Don’t click on the ‘Restore’ button) > Allow permissions > Enter phone number > 6-digits-code > Allow access to all media
- A window showing ‘Restore Backup (Backup found) will open > Click on Restore > Next > Enter Name > Done
Amazing Hidden Features
|DND Mod: You can turn ON WhatsApp’s built-in Airplane mode feature to block internet access only for this WhatsApp. This feature helps to keep offline without turning data OFF for the complete device.
|Hide Chat Secretly: This feature allows us to lock and hide chats of our loved ones or any specific person from general chats. This is amazing, we need not to lock the whole app just for sake of few secret contacts. By hiding secret chats, no one will doubt on us, Hurrah!
|Hide View Status: You can see the status of anyone without coming into the status viewer list of the next person. In normal WhatsApp, the person who apply status on their story can watch his status viewer, but in GB, we will be on safe side.
|Disable Forwarded tag: This feature removes the Forwarded tag and shows that the message was sent directly from you. Normally, when we send message, a small icon appear at the top of message bubble and text ‘forwarded message’ or ‘forwarded many times’. In GB, we can disable this forwarded tag.
|Hide Online Status: No one will know when you get online by turning OFF your online status setting. To enable this function, go to privacy settings in GB settings.
|Freeze Last Seen: It makes your last seen time-stamp frozen to a specific time and date. Whenever your contactee will open conversation feed, he/she will see the time when you enabled this feature.
|Show blue tick after reply: There will be no blue tick until you reply to that message. In this way, you get time to think and reply to the next person. Don’t misuse it. otherwise your conatactee can feel insult and stop further conversation.
|Mark as unread messages: If you are busy and don’t want to reply to irrelevant messages, you can mark those messages, images, or videos as unread in chats and groups.
|Anti-Delete Status: If any person in your contact list turns status privacy ON for you, or uploads and then deletes a status, it will not affect status presence on your side. Still, it will remain visible to you for 24 hours.
|Anti-Delete Messages: If someone sends a message and deletes it, this feature makes that message visible with a little icon above the time-stamp showing, “This message was deleted”. That message will remain visible forever.
|Upload long statuses: You can upload long statuses of up to 5 minutes at once in this App. But this feature does not work properly all the time. Orginal Whatsapp user can see 30 seconds status still.
|Backup and Restore: All the media of WhatsApp GB can be backed up and restored right to your device. There is no Google drive backup system but still you can backup your data into your device internal storage.
|Set Language: This app supports multiple languages. The current region language is set by default. You can change the language any time from settings.
|Best image quality: You can send quality images without damaging pixels of it directly from your gallery. High resolution images can be send with no damages in image pixels.
|Dual Accounts: Two accounts of WhatsAapp can be set up on a single device. WhatsApp Meta and GB can be use at a time. Two accounts of GB within single mobile is not possible without use of any clone app. Two accounts within single app is the feature of WhatsApp Blue only.
|Auto Reply: Specific replies for specific questions or specific words can be customized. An automatic customized reply will be sent to the sender as soon as a specific word gets detected.
|Anti-Ban: This app is antiban & free of Ads.
|Stable Internet connection
|Android version above 5.0
|External storage space
|Access to contacts
|Activation of “Unknown source”
|Access to Gallery
What’s new in v17.60
- Location issues that users used to face while sharing their pinpoint location to their contacts got fixed.
- Community crash while creation
- Schedule message problems that could cause WhatsApp banning got fixed
- Bugs attack and security against other malware-enhanced
- Some settings got fixed to improve UX
- The status tab has been changed due to the addition of a new feature named “community”.
- Status UI changed from stack view to Instagram-story-like view
- You can add new stickers, fonts, and icons
- You can reply privately to any group member
- Now, you can send more than 30 pictures and 50+ documents at a time
- A number of new themes have been added in the GB themes library that can be used at any time. You can test multiple themes one by one and apply the one that suits best your interest.
The problem in the v17.60 update:
Many GB users including me faced problems after the new update. I downloaded and updated the old version with the new one but when I opened it, the app was not working. I thought there was an error, I restarted my mobile and tried to open it, but all in vain. GB WhatsApp was not opening still.
There was a large amount of data within the GB, so I did a trick to prevent chats and media loss. Here it is, I changed my mobile date one week back, closed all running apps, and opened GBWA. It got opened, I took the backup of it immediately from settings and transferred all my GB data to the Original WhatsApp.
If you are facing the same issue, you can do the same. You can follow the same transferring steps to switch GB to FM or any other WhatsApp Mod too.
Installing GBWhatsApp is a good option to go with if you want to have a lot of fantastic and unique features that original WhatsApp doesn’t have. GB WA can be installed on Android, iPhone, and laptops.
First, you have to Download the GBWA app from the “Download” button at the top which has a link for free downloading.
Here are a few steps to have features-rich app on your mobile.
- Download GB app from the WhatsApp “Download” button at the top
- Now, Go to mobile settings > security > allow installation from “Unknown sources”
- Then, Go to File Manager > Internal storage > Download
- Click on the WhatsApp installation package
- Click on install > enter number > enter 6-digit pin > restore (if backup is present) OR skip > enter name > Done
This app is specifically designed for Android users. However, iOS users can also enjoy its charming and amazing features. Follow the steps and enjoy WhatsApp GB
- Download the official WhatsApp GB from the “Download” button below. (Remember the downloaded file’s folder location).
- Go to Google and search “usescarlet.com” and install it (direct install)
- Open Scarlet and upload WhatsApp GB from your internal storage > Downloads.
- It will start installing.
- Open the App and complete the installation process.
GB WhatsApp is an Android APK that can be installed only on a mobile. However, To install in Laptop, a PC emulator like “Blue Stacks” needs to be installed. Follow the steps below:
- Download and install the ‘Blue Stacks’ mobile emulator on your laptop from Google
- Download GB APK file from above download button
- Open Bluestack and install GB App within it
- Complete the installation process just like the mobile
- Enjoy GB features
You can also open WhatsApp GB using the ‘linked device’ feature of WhatsApp.
- Search “WhatsApp web” in Chrome> QR code will appear
- Open GBWhatsApp > Top-right 3 dots > Linked devices > Scan QR code
- Mobile’s GB app will connect to your laptop
- You can select the ‘Remember me’ option while scanning the QR code to make it remain linked forever.
Tip: You can also download WhatsApp GB Desktop App, and scan the QR code there.
How to update
It can be updated by two means. The first method is recommended while the second method is in-built, but may not be correct.
First method is:
- Open your GBWhatsApp and take Backup of it. (⋮ >Settings > Chats > Chat Backup > Backup)
- Download the new version of the GB WhatsApp app from the trusted & official website “apkproland.com”
- Now, Go to File Manager > Downloads > click on downloaded APK
- A notification will pop up. Click on ‘Update’
Second method is:
- Open App > ⋮ > GB settings (MOD) > Scroll down > Updates
- Click on Check for updates
- A pop-up notification will show showing, “you have the latest update” OR “an update found” > Update
Pros and cons
GB WhatsApp is a feature-rich, customizable, personalized WhatsApp mod. But at the same time has many disadvantages too. Advantages and disadvantages work side by side.
The most important advantage of GBWhatsApp is its ability to personalize according to user interest. Its customizable and privacy features make it more user-friendly and fantastic.
The most important benefits of using this app include:
- More Privacy, Hiding blue ticks, Chat lock, Hide last seen, etc.
- Amazing features including DND mode, Auto-reply, Anti-delete messages
- Personalization, UI colors, Themes, Font style, etc.
- Customization, custom Auto-reply, custom Name, custom Wallpapers, etc.
- Ban issues, Although GB developers claim its Anti Ban feature, but it is not reliable, your account still could be banned temporarily or permanently. So, it is recommended to have some other type of WhatsApp MODS like “WhatsApp Plus Apk”.
- Bugs attack, Bugs, and viruses attacks may cause your WhatsApp to freeze for a period of time, which sometimes leads to your account being removed permanently.
- Account hijacking is rare, but being a third-party developed MOD, it may get hijacked, and your personal information may be lost.
So, it is always recommended to use your Primary number on Official WhatsApp, and a secondary OR temporary number in GB.
Privacy and security settings
Security and Privacy is the one WhatsApp prioritizes the most. Every chat, call, or media sharing, everything is end-to-end encrypted in official WhatsApp. So, this was something WhatsApp GB developers kept in mind while customization. Some of the Privacy and security setting features are as follows:
- WhatsApp in-built chat lock
- Hide or Lock each chat
- Freezing Last seen
- Anti-view Once
- Disable Forwarded
- Who can call me?
Status Privacy settings
- Hide view Status
Contacts / Groups Privacy setting
- Hide second tick
- Hide Blue tick
- Hide Typing/Recording
- Hide blue microphone
Chats Privacy Setting
- Show a Blue tick after the reply
There are bundles of themes that can be downloaded and used from inside the app’s ‘Download themes’ option. Users can choose themes on a personalized basis and enjoy the user interface.
Themes can also be loaded from external storage. All the themes that we save or install in GBWhatsApp are stored in the internal storage/Download/themes folder.
If something goes wrong, or the uploaded theme doesn’t work, you can set it back to default using the ‘Reset preferences’ option.
These settings apply to the whole app. These settings include:
- Changing colors of the Status bar, Action bar, Navigation bar, and, Background
- Changing of Icons and Font style
- Hiding Media (Photos, Videos, GIFs) from the gallery
- Backup and restore
- App language settings
- Increasing forwarding limit
- Enable Always Online
- Clear WhatsApp logs
- Image share limit
- Sending Image resolution settings
Home Screen Settings
These settings apply to the Home screen of WhatsApp. Settings include:
- Color of Header, Rows, Floating Action button
- Floating Action Button icon
- Viewed Story Toast
- Contact Online toast
Wallpaper can also be customized the same for all Chats, or custom wallpaper per contact. You can use your name as a custom WhatsApp name too.
WhatsApp GB Alternatives
What Users Say About GB WhatsApp
My Personal Recommendations
Who can use
Who should avoid
Is This APP Free?
Yes, this is totally free-to-use app by Alex Mods. All that you need to do is to install and register.
Is this App having ads?
No, this App is free of ads. You can enjoy its amazing features without facing any disturbance.
Is it legal to use GBWhatsApp?
The MOD version of any official app is illegal to use because of Copyright infringement. According to WhatsApp terms of service, using GB is not allowed and you may get banned.
Is GB WA Safe for Installation and Download?
It is modified from of WhatsApp made by a third-party developer. However, it doesn’t harm your device if downloaded from trusted websites. Most of the users are satisfied and have no issues.
Can I save the status uploaded by my friend on WhatsApp GB?
Yes. You can save by clicking on the Download icon present in the bottom right or left side of the screen.
Do I need to uninstall official WhatsApp to install GBWhatsApp?
No. You just need to use 2 different numbers for both WhatsApp.
Can I use Dual GB WhatsApp on the Same Mobile Phone?
Sure! You can set up two accounts at a time on the same device, you just need to use different numbers for each.
If I want to Backup then can I get backup data?
Yes, you can easily back up your WhatsApp data, everything including images, videos, documents, and settings.
Settings > Chats > Chat Backup > Backup
Any Privacy issues with WhatsApp GB?
No, WhatsApp GB has many privacy features that can be customized easily making it safe from all issues.
GB’s current version has more security and privacy features than the original WhatsApp by Meta. It is more customizable and can be downloaded in all types of Android versions i.e., 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, and all types of mobile devices either Samsung, Vivo, Jio, Huawei, Oppo, Redmi, Tizen, etc. However, it is unavailable on the Play Store.
GB is safe to use on Android only if downloaded from a trusted website like “https://apkproland.com“. GB WhatsApp has millions of users after billions of WhatsApp meta users according to stats. Users love its amazing customizable features. These features are its uniqueness that makes it a favorite communication app among mobile users all over the world.
Keep your App updated to the latest. Feel free to ask any questions in the comment box.